Ken, a 1979 graduate of Loyola College, is uniquely qualified, having received recognition from his peers throughout the industry for his knowledge and professionalism. He was invited to help rewrite the Boy Scouts of America’s Painting Merit Badge book. He also served as local President of the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America (PDCA), and was elected as Sr. Vice President/Assistant Treasurer of the National PDCA.
He also spent a number of years on the board of directors of the highly prestigious PDCA Residential Forum, comprising some of the most influential and professional residential painting contractors in the country.
As far as his reputation in the local community goes, Ken also served as a campaign Treasurer for a candidate for the Maryland House of Delegates, and was appointed Treasurer of the County Central Committee by the county-wide elected officials. He also served as President of his neighborhood association, and is a past Scoutmaster for a special needs Boy Scout troop as well as an Eagle Scout (having earned the painting merit badge).
In the late 80’s, the Governor of the State of Maryland recognized Ken as one of the Ten Outstanding Young Marylanders (the same award given to Oprah Winfrey and Cal Ripken).
Ken believes that craftsmanship is not a thing done by accident, but is accomplished through careful planning and a willingness to continue training while seeking continual improvement in applying his trade.
If you are looking for someone you can trust who cares about his customers and his reputation for quality of work, then give Ken a call.
- Ken graduated from Loyola College in Maryland in 1979 with a BA in Business Administration
- Ken also holds an Associates Degree from Baltimore International College in Cooking and Baking, AAS 2010
- Anderson’s Famous Painting is licensed with the Maryland Home Improvement Commission (#46541)
- Anderson’s Famous Painting Co. is insured for $1,000,000 in liability with Selective Insurance
- Anderson’s Famous Painting is a member in good standing with the Painting and Decorating Contractors of America